Wednesday 23 October 2013

Nice People, Nice Things (NPNT) # 8

Welcome to the next instalment of Nice People, Nice Things (NPNT) designed by Helen Stubbings of Hugs n Kisses.
Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven,
Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Evangeline: A Tale of Acadie

NPNT Stars

I love the view of the Milky Way from here in Australia. I don't know what it is like in other parts of the world but if you can get away from the city lights it is spectacular.

View of Milky Way in Australia

Much of my reading time over the last decade and a half has been spent reading aloud to my children. Those children's bedtime rituals of supper, bath, stories, and sleep have been a staple of my life and some of the best, most special times I can remember.

            - Louise Brown 

NPNT Bedtime

This quote from Louise Brown is very true. Since having children I have really enjoyed the bedtime ritual of reading a story. They have now gotten too old for me to read to them but this is still one of my favourite times of the day. I also love my bed in the winter time, with its woollen underlay, flannelette sheets and feather doona. When I get my Nice People, Nice Things quilt done I am really looking forward to spending my first night with it on my bed.

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.