Thursday 24 October 2013

Marta

Today I will share a jewellery kit with you that is called "Marta". It is for a bracelet that should be quite simple to make as there is no clasp.

supplies for "Marta" bracelet

The first step is to cut the chain into 12 pieces of equal length, open an eye pin, thread them on, close the pin, cover with a silver "cap" and make a loop at the top of the pin. Before closing the loop, attach the fan shaped spacer.This was a bit fiddly but not too difficult.

the completed tassel

 Next I laid out the beads and spacers in the order that I would be threading them onto the "elastic".

the order of the beads and spacers

Then I threaded all of the beads and spacers onto the elastic, starting and ending with the fan shaped spacer, and tied the ends of the elastic together, forming the first row.

round one finished

Repeat this with the second row, a little bit more fiddly to tie off this time.

the completed bracelet with dragon spacer and tassel

And here we have the completed bracelet, modelled by my daughter. I really love some of the designs on the beads and spacers in this kit, especially the dragon on the one above. I was born in the year of the dragon and should probably keep this for myself but my daughter has already called dibs on it. Oh well.

another view of the completed bracelet

Talk again soon

Jeanette




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.