Friday 25 October 2013

The Short and Long of it

Today I would like to share some more cross stitch projects that I have finished over the years. This first design was from a kit by the Heritage Craft company of England. I made it as a birthday present for my friend Chris. It is supposed to be a scissor fob but she hangs it on her Singer sewing machine stand.

Chris' scissor fob - front

The design was fairly quick to stitch. I actually did it when we were on a camping holiday in Adelaide one year. It was good to work on in the Summer heat because it wasn't too large.

Chris' scissor fob - back

 This is a view of the back. It was also fun to make the tassle and very simple.

Now I will share a project that I made for my sister's 30th birthday. This is a Paula Vaughan design. I love her designs because they usually feature a quilt or flowers in them somewhere and her colours are exquisite. This design is called "Little Women" and I worked it on linen. I chose this design because one of my sister's favourite books is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Also, we both love the movie - the Katharine Hepburn version.

Little Women by Paula Vaughan

This is the cross stitch project that has taken me the longest to complete because it is quite large. I stitched on it every day for four months. In some places she blends 2 colours together, one strand of each, to get the subtlety of shading required. I entered it at the local agricultural show which is on at the end of October each year in Bendigo. It cost 50 cents to enter and I got second prize and won the grand sum of $2.

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.