Tuesday 22 October 2013

Card making techniques

Today I thought I would share some different card making techniques that I have tried.

This is a card that I made a few years ago for my nieces's birthday. It uses a technique that can be found here called Iris Folding. Instead of using paper though, I decided to use ribbon for the dolphin. The rest of the embellishments are stickers.


This next card uses the technique of quilling - twisting and shaping thin strips of paper. I got the instructions for this card from a book at the library. Sorry I don't remember the title but I am sure you can find something at your local library or online. The technique is simple and fun.


The final technique I will share with you is pinpricking. This is one that I picked up as a kit. The design for the leaves is printed on the back of the card and you use a pin pricking tool to punch holes through the card. This leaves a lovely, raised design on the front. Cut a fancy edge, glue it to a card and you are done. This is one that you could use any embroidery design for.


Hopefully there is something here that you would like to have a go at. Believe me they are all easy and fun to do.

Talk again soon

Jeanette


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.