Monday 21 October 2013

Mixed Medium

When I found out that both my brothers, and their partners, were expecting babies this year, and they would both be girls, I decided to make something for them. I looked through my craft books and on the web and came up with an project by amalgamating all of these ideas.

Petit Noes by Rosalie Quinlan
ISBN 978-1-908170-32-3

I liked Rosalie Quinlan's and Chloe Owens idea of birds on a beaded string. I also like Chloe's idea of a mobile with flowers and butterflies.

supplies for mobile
 shapes cut and sewn for mobile

I gathered some supplies together, covering a wooden hoop with bias and cutting out some shapes.

shapes embellished for mobile
stuffed shapes for mobile


I sewed them and stuffed them. I embellished them with ric rac, buttons and embroidery.

finished mobile

Then I attached them to the hoop with beaded strands and criss crossed the wire across the hoop to attach the final beaded strand. I think it worked out quite well.

Talk again soon

Jeanette


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.