Thursday 17 October 2013

Heni & Nori

Hello all. Today I thought I would share a couple of jewellery making projects. I picked up both of these kits on clearance for $4 each. What a bargain! The first one is a bracelet called "Heni".

"Heni"

It consists of memory wire, plastic spacers and green beads. This is the first time that I have worked with memory wire and it can be awkward because it is permanently bent. This is especially true when trying to thread multiple strands through the spacers.

"Heni" supplies

Here is what it looks like after the first round. One end of the memory wire is already finished with a loop. All I needed to do then was thread a couple of beads, the first spacer, about 16 beads, 2nd spacer, 16 beads, 3rd spacer, 16 beads, 4th spacer, 2 beads and then twist the end of the wire in another loop.



"Heni" first round

Here is the completed bracelet modelled by my darling daughter. I think it looks quite effective and there are no clasps to do and undo, simply slip it on.

"Heni" bracelet finished

This next kit is called "Nori" and is a necklace. It is constructed on the same principle as the bracelet above. I prefer the spacers in this kit because they don't look so like plastic. The central feature is pretty and the inclusion of the black round beads and the silver faceted beads ads interest.

"Nori" supplies

Here is the first completed round. Again 2 green beads, 1 black bead, 1st spacer, 1 black bead, a number of beads until near the centre of the wire, 1 silver bead, the feature spacer, and then the reverse to the end finishing by bending the wire in a loop.


"Nori" first round

Here is the finished piece, again being modelled by my daughter. It sits very nicely at the throat and once again opens and closes without a fitting, simply by pulling apart and it pops back together. One size fits all.

"Nori" necklace finished

I hope you enjoyed these two projects.

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.