Thursday 10 October 2013

From my stash


Today I thought that I would share my jewellery making stash. Some of theses items I have had for a couple of years and others I picked up recently while on sale.


jewellery making stash

Well there is certainly enough to be getting on with. What to begin with first? I know something useful. I bought these kits a couple of years ago at a craft show in Melbourne. I can't remember why I bought two. I was probably going to make one for a present for someone.

makings for purple lanyard

makings for green lanyard

Well it took half an hour to put each one together but I think they look really nice. The trickiest bit was bringing the two threads down through the bottom part, through crimps, through the clasp and back through the crimps and beads.

purple lanyard finishedgreen lanyard finished
I might keep the green one for myself. It will be very handy when I am doing my stitching and I won't have to go hunting for my scissors. Because it is a lanyard and you can take the scissors off and replace them with something else, I might give the purple one to my sister. She doesn't sew but she could keep keys or something else on it.

Then I thought I would try something a bit more complicated. These earrings use eye pins and I need the practice at opening the "eyes" and putting them back together. Also in making sure the earrings hang straight. I think they don't look too bad. Jewellery making really is very quick and it doesn't have to be expensive. I picked up the earring kit for $2.

red drop earrings

Speaking of craft shows - don't forget that the Stitches and Craft Show is on in Melbourne from October 24 - 27. If you live close enough to be able to get there then I would urge you to go. I live two hours away by train but I know it is a great day out. I especially love the "Make And Take" sessions and the workshops. What makes the show really worthwhile though are the quilt exhibitions and this time there are two: "This Is A Quilt" and "Beautiful Australia". I will be there with my friend Chris and I hope to see you too. I am especially looking forward to seeing this quilt - "Esprit de Corps"

Esprit de Corps

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.