Thursday 26 September 2013

Pressies

Hello

Today I thought I would share with you some pieces I made in a jewellery making class a couple of months ago. I did a two hour class with Susan at The Bead Experience. She offers this class for beginners at a cost of $20 and that includes all the materials that you use. She also offers her expert help if you come back for more classes at a cost of $10 plus the materials that you use.

The first pieces that I made were with beads and spacers threaded onto tiger tail and held in place with crimps. The hardest thing with this was deciding on colours but I eventually chose my favourite combination of red and black. Here is what I created.


I thought I might give this to my sister-in-law for her birthday. I am just not sure whether she has pierced ears or not.

The next techniques Susan taught me was working with head and eye pins. This was tricky but not too bad once she taught me an easy way to do it.


I thought I would give these to my other sister-in-law for her birthday. I think they turned out really well.

This isn't the first bit of jewellery making I have done. I did a couple of bracelets and necklaces a couple of years ago just from following instructions in a book. They were pretty basic though, threading beads onto beading thread and adding a clasp at each end. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos.

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.