Saturday 19 October 2013

Garden Chic # 4

Today's block for the Garden Chic quilt is called Father's Choice. Here you can see that all of the pieces are pre-cut which does save some time. Unfortunately, the fabric isn't the best quality and the cutting isn't always square so I do have to spend some time trimming before I start.

makings for block # 4 of Garden Chic

Here I have laid out the pieces to give me a better idea of the layout and also to check that they are all there. Wouldn't it be awful if something was missing?

Garden Chic # 4 laid out

The completed block below. As you can see the lemon fabric is quite thin, the seams are visible and even my grey carpet is showing through. Hopefully this won't be a problem when it comes time to put it all together.

Garden Chic # 4 - Father's Choice, completed

And here are the four blocks I have completed so far. I think they look rather nice altogether and it is certainly giving me a better idea of exactly how big this quilt will be. To give you a better idea the Father's Choice block is 15 1/2 inches square.

Garden Chic, blocks 1 - 4

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.