Saturday 12 October 2013

Garden Chic # 3

This week I worked on the next block of the Garden Chic quilt. This block is called "Four Square". 

That reminds me of a shop around the corner from where I grew up. This was before the invention of supermarkets. This shop was bigger than a milk bar (what a corner store is called store in Australia) but smaller than a supermarket. I think it might be called a mini-mart in America but I could be wrong. The store closed down a long time ago and is now a fish and chip shop but the memories remain. I remember Mum sending us around with some money to pick up a dozen eggs, a pound of butter or a bottle of milk.

Garden Chic block # 3 - before

As you can see, in this kit all of the pieces come pre-cut which makes for very quick assembly.

Garden Chic block # 3 - during

Here I have laid the pieces out so that I can get a better idea of the layout.

Garden Chic block # 3 - after

After sewing, the finished block.

Garden Chick, blocks # 1, # 2, # 3 - finished

And here we have the first three blocks for the quilt. They are such fun to stitch because they come together so quickly and I am beginning to enjoy the colours more, although they are still not really me.

How are you doing Chris? Are you keeping up? (my friend Chris is stitching this at the same time)

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.