Monday 14 October 2013

An appetite for books

As you will remember from my post last week, on October 7, I started a 1000 piece puzzle called "An appetite for books". I thought I would share my progress with you since then.

sorting pieces by colour

upper section finished
 I sorted the pieces by colour so that I could work on a section at a time. There are so many different browns and the best time to work on these is when the sun is streaming into the room.

book shelf finished

rug finished


The window, curtain, books and rug were all fairly easy to do because their colours were different to the rest of the pieces. The books especially because of the writing.

lower door finished

part of quilt finished
 The first timber section I worked on was the doorway because the colour was "cherry" and stood our from the other pieces. As this was so boring I started working on the quilt section as well even though I had promised to work on this last as a reward.

cat finished

floor and book finished
 The cat section I worked separately and then dropped into place. The floor was next, all different tones of oak.
rocking chair finished
 The last timber section was the rocking chair and the floor underneath this. A darker timber, with some reflective surfaces and turned sections made this relatively easy.

complete
The completed piece, mounted on an oil canvas and hanging on the wall. I love waking up in the morning and looking across to see all of the colours. From the side you can hardly see that it is a jigsaw. My own piece of artwork.

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.