Saturday 28 September 2013

New project

I was shopping at the local Spotlight store recently and they were clearing out some things. They offer a Queen size quilt in twelve quilt block instalments with an additional instalment for the sashings and border. These normally retail at about $15 for each quilt block and I'm not sure about the finishing kit. I was lucky enough to get the quilt blocks at $6 each and the finishing kit for $30. So for a total cost of $102 I get to make a Queen size quilt top. Yay!!



The quilt is called "Garden Chic" and is in colours that I would not normally work with. I think it will make a nice gift for someone in the family though and will give me practice at piecing and applique. Here is block # 1.


The pieced blocks come ready cut so they go together quite quickly. The applique blocks require a bit more work because I will have to trace off the design onto Vliesofix before ironing, cutting, applying to the block and buttonholing in place.


I am looking forward to this coming together and I will keep you updated on my progress.

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.