Monday 23 September 2013

Conservatory Gardens, Bendigo

Hello all. Here is my first post about my home town in Bendigo. The following pictures were taken by me with not the best camera in the world but they should give you an idea. The text I have borrowed from a leaflet produced by Bendigo Tourism.

The ornate conservatory building was erected in 1897 and is the last such building in existence in a public park in Victoria. Special floral displays are exhibited here throughout the year.


The cast iron fence was erected in 1878 enclosing land that was once used as a rubbish tip.



The Washington Fan Palms (Washington filifera, a native of Arizona and California) were planted in the late 1800’s.


The beds under the palms are now used to showcase the city’s spring tulip display.





The garden has retained its 19th century statuary, garden baskets and conservatory building.





As stated above, the Conservatory itself has different displays in it at different times of the year e.g. Chrysanthemums on Mothers Day. After my brother's wedding our family went there to take pictures and it was beautiful.


And so ends my first post about a Bendigo attraction. I hope you enjoyed it. Come and visit sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.