Thursday 27 October 2011

Nice People, Nice Things

I bought a kit of Helen Stubbings' "Nice People Nice Things" quilt, nearly 2 years ago in Adelaide at Patchwork By Sea. I love all the little stitcheries and I especially love that it is a quilt as you go project. I enjoy being able to quilt an item myself and not have to pay someone to do it or have to try to manoeuvre a huge quilt underneath my domestic machine.

As I was reading Kelly's blog recently she said that she and some other ladies, Vickie, Gabriella, Carol and Claudia would all be joining in a "stich a long" of this quilt. I decided to join too. Isn't it amazing that people in America, Italy and Australia can be working on a project together. I love the internet.

So, once a week, usually a Wednesday we will each post about one block that we have stitched that week. This is supposed to be a Block of the Week quilt but as there are 63 blocks on the front and 63 blocks on the back (mostly stitcheries) I will try to do more than one a week.

Here is what I have been working on this week. The stitched saying to go on the back is "Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind."

And I cheated a bit by doing this one because there wasn't much work. It is hard to believe the difference in the colours of these photos because the backgrounds are exactly the same fabric.

I would have liked to have gotten more done but I was busy with the storm damage on the weekend and I had a little surprise: my newest nephew was born nearly 3 weeks early on Tuesday. His name is Jonathan and he was 6 lbs, 2 oz. He is the first child for my brother Christopher and his wife Danka. Isn't he gawjus. Makes me clucky....lol.

Talk again soon,
Jeanette

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jeanette - I love your blocks! They are turning out so cute! And, congrats on your new nephew - he's darling! I'm so glad you're joining us in the stitch along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun...I get to stitch with you all the way in Australia...your blocks are wonderful! Congratulation on your new nephew...what a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.