Monday 30 September 2013

The Happy Hooker

No not that type of hooker you sillies. My crochet hook of course. Remember my post on September 23 and how I said that I have never finished a crochet project yet? Well.....


All sixteen blocks are done. Each block took one ball of wool and about one and a half hours. The finished size of each block is 25 cm approx. (10 inches). I fiddled with the layout of the blocks until I found one that I liked. Then I stitched them together, first into four rows of four and then joined the rows together.


The edges weren't perfect, and I had bought another ball of wool in case I needed it to sew the blocks together, so I started crocheting around the edge. I got around nearly twice before I ran out of wool so I unpicked the second row and just did double crochet all the way around. I finished with a couple of metres of wool to spare.


Here is the FINISHED product on my stitching chair. I think it looks lovely against the bottle green with the gold coloured curtain in the background. My first ever finished crochet project. Go me!!

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.