Saturday 5 October 2013

Garden Chic # 2

I  have been working on the second block from my Garden Chic quilt that I shared with you last Saturday. When I was visiting my friend Chris recently she purchased the same kits and now we will be able to work them together. This should be fun. A quilt-along with someone who is two hours away.

Garden Chic block # 2 supplies

Here are the contents of the kit and as you can see block # 2 is an applique block. It has been a long time since I have done some applique. I even had to get a book out to remind me how to do blanket stitch.

"Tulip" finished

 The completed block called "Tulip". I think it turned out quite well. It is quite large at 16 1/2 inches x 22 1/2 inches.

"Tulip" and "Checkerboard"

Two blocks down, ten to go. I forgot to mention that the first block is called "Checkerboard".

How are you coming along Chris? Are you having fun?

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.