Thursday 3 October 2013

A joint effort

At a recent craft market my daughter saw some "Steam Punk" jewellery that she liked but was a bit too expensive. I remembered that I had seen some jewellery making supplies at our local Spotlight store that I thought she might be interested in. We found some pieces and went home to get to work. They were very quick to put together.


 My daughter decided that the chain for this first piece was too long so we removed a piece and then added it back separately.That way when she wears the piece she has a double chain with the pendant hanging on the longer chain.



Here is some detail of the corset necklace from the back.

The second piece we made using the full length of chain and a cameo pendant.


Here you can see the detail on the cameo. At first glance it looks like a Victorian maiden but, in actual fact, it is a skeleton. (sorry the picture is so unclear. Both the camera and the scanner gave me unclear pictures)


After that my daughter wanted to get a bit more practice doing jump rings so I found a kit that I had picked up. It is a triple bangle.


The charms are leaves, dragonflies, a four leafed clover, a leaf and a rose. All of these were so quick and easy so if you want to do a quick project take up jewellery making.

On a side note, this week we went to visit my friend Chris who lives two hours away. Her daughter and mine were born one month apart and are best friends. They had fun making jewellery together as well.

Talk again soon

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.