Saturday 15 October 2011

Hard Crafts

What do I mean by hard crafts? It does not mean that they are particularly difficult. To me it means that you are working with products that are not "soft". e.g. wood, paper, paints.

Here is my one and only attempt at folk art painting. It was a class I did back in the early '90's with my friend Chris. We both completed the same item but then I never did anything else after that. Of course, Chris went on to bigger and better things. She is a true inspiration.
 Here is an item from another class we did together. Once again it is the only decoupage I have done but Chris did do a few more afterwards. I could not be bothered doing all those layers of varnish, first in one direction and then the other. If you look closely you will see that I did not quite finish all of the layers so the paper is still a bit raised. Maybe one day.
Never the less, they both have pride of place at the foot of my bed on a camphor wood chest.

2 comments:

I love to hear from people so please leave a comment.